Manuscripts works great together with the Bookends reference manager (requires Manuscripts 1.1.3 or later). You can cite with Bookends in the following ways:
- Import your Bookends Library (File > Import > Bibliography Data… > Bookends Library) into a manuscript:
- Use Edit > Copy Citation in Bookends to Insert a citation into your manuscript:
- Place the text insertion cursor at the location where you wish to place a citation.
- Open and bring into focus Bookends (see step #3 below for a way to jump directly into Bookends).
- Choose Edit > Copy Citation.
- You can activate the Bookends bibliography search function directly from Manuscripts by going to Window > Open Bookends Bibliography Search (⌃⇧⌘B).